Saturday, March 2, 2013

Weekend DIY

I love DIY projects and I thought I would share some of my personal favorites that I have done in my own home. A couple of years ago I had surgery and most of my down time was spent in my Masterbedroom. I spent a lot of that time just looking around that room and planning up coming projects....I believe that helped my recovery along much quicker then we originally thought it might be.
 Soon I was feeling much better and the revamping of my master bedroom/bath began. It was Christmas time and I wanted to keep the cost down so I decided to do most of it myself. I started with a floor to ceiling headboard that would be fully upholstered but I thought it would look better in sections instead of 1 continuous piece so I purchased foam core in the exact sizes needed along with a few yards beautiful white linen fabric, some foam and batting. I "upholstered' each and every piece with my handy glue gun and attached it to the wall with double sided velcro. It was a bit time consuming but I was very happy with the end result! The second project came about when I wasn't even thinking about it. I happened to be at Target and I caught a great pattern out of the corner of my eye. It was a beautiful Ikat in some of my favorite colors but was in the form of a shower curtain and since I don't have shower curtains I almost passed it up but, it was on clearance for 5 dollars and there were 2 so I scooped them up and knew inspiration would come! It donned on me shortly after that as the room was evolving that I would need to switch out my (custom) drapes.........voila the shower curtains were wide enough but would be too short so I banded the bottom of them with the leftover linen that I had used on the headboard and now had another pair of custom drapes that finished off the room nicely.

Love,
The Duchess xoxo
 Headboard
 Custom bamboo nightstands painted white 
 Ikat Drapes
I received this original piece of artwork for Christmas and have the perfect wall in my dressing area

No comments:

Post a Comment